Date:
Sat, 27 Nov 2004 16:35:44 +0000
Oh, pshaw, Sukie!  There she goes again, trying to subtly influence us
all with her pseudo-scientific beliefs, like this business about all
ferrets being related to dogs!  (Well, they are, except for the ones
related to cats.)

Did you catch her this time?  I'll help you out.  I have it on good
authority that she's gearing up to try to tell you nice ladies and
gentlemen out there that ::the EARTH is ROUND::!

Yup.  She's going to try to feed you that obvious nonsense that has
reared its head countless times since the sixteenth century.  Why?
Why do these Round-Earthers do anything?  They just seem to get off
on jerking the public "around".  It's a game to them!

Here's how she's setting up her attack. Yesterday she wrote:
>so, please, note that I have wound my chain around my waist (or what
>was once my waist decades ago) and secured it with twist-ties through...
>a belly button ring

OK.  The belly button ring image is just a pungent, stunning blow to daze
and confuse you.  While you are still reeling from that, she has subtly
planted the other one in your mind, the one of her winding her chain
"around" herself, as in "round."  As in "round Earth." She's going to
give you all these complicated scientific citations to try to prove her
ridiculous position, then sign herself "not a vet" in order to look like
a humble servant of the people, well, DON"T YOU BELIEVE IT!!

C'mon, Sukie!  The Earth is *obviously* flat!  I, myself, have been to
the so-called "southern hemisphere", and can personally attest to the
fact that I did not spend my time there HANGING UPSIDE DOWN BY MY FEET!!
We have Aussies in this forum.  Write and tell us.  ARE YOU HANGING
UPSIDE DOWN BY YOUR FEET?  Do you all long to emigrate north, where you
can sit in a chair without it and you banging into your ceiling?

The inherent flatness of the Earth is even Biblical!  Remember that the
Devil tempted Jesus by showing him the whole world from atop a mountain?
Well, he obviously couldn't do that from atop a mountain if the world
was *round*!

Don't just believe me.  Here.  Here is a link to The Flat Earth Society
FAQ.  It busts the Spherical Earth theory, defines and locates "the
corners of the Earth", de-bunks gravitation, and the existence of Idaho.

http://www.flat-earth.org/platygaea/faq.html

There.  Now.  Who you gonna believe about this "ferrets are all descended
from DOGS business"?  Me, or someone who still believe that insidious
NASA hoax about the Moon landing in 1969?  (Which was just a plot by the
U.S. gov't to divert the public's attention while they configured Hoover
Dam to flouridate the Colorado river.)

Alexandra in MA
Not a vet (fer cryn' out loud!)