Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 09:40:32 -0500
Hi I just wanted to post about the new med my bandit is now taking..It cost
me $125.85 here in New Jersey.  I asked why it is so much and I was told it
is an orphan drug..that means not too many humans use it and there is only
one company that makes it..

Since I started the proglycem Bandit has had 2 seizures ..he receives
.6cc's twice a day of prednisone as well.  Bandit will be going to the
vets next Thursday for a blood glucose test and I will post here once I
know what is going on.

I think we should try and remember what we post does not give others the
right to make fun of what we are saying here..Just because one does not
agree with what we say doesn't mean we should make a post with your
disagreements..I did not *bemoan* as one post said I did about the cost
of this medicine.  I simply could not believe it cost so much and wanted
to know if anyone knew of anyplace that might have it for less then
$130..Not all of us ferret owners are financially rich and the people like
myself who are not need to find the lowest prices for medicine..  I have a
prescription plan for myself but not for my ferrets..That is how I afford
to pay for my medicine when I am ill.  If I didn't have the plan I know
there is no way I could afford $130 a month for the medicine and doctors do
understand that as well as vets..So please before you make a judgement on
others please take into consideration not all of us are wealthy..and please
let us get back to the whole reason why we have the FML..for learning about
ferrets from ferret owners..

Now that I said my 2 cents worth I feel better..

My prayers are with all of those whose babies have crossed the bridge and
those who are ill..

hugs to all here,
Michele and Bandit :>)
~To touch someone....You must first touch their heart~