From:
Tony torAMOSlo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 2006 09:42:13 +0000
Once again I shall post my theory

In the early days when I first started keeping ferrets I DIDN'T own a hob
and a vasectomised hob at that, neither did I or my vet know anything
about the jill jab so my jills were left in season.  It was only when I
started taking my ferrets around locale event or carnivals that I got
talking to the older generation of working ferret owners, what these
ferreters were saying was that "if a jill is left in season it will die"
so it had to be mated, but without a hob what could I do but wait until
my jills died.

After close observation of my jills I noticed that their vulva would
reduce in size until they came out of season, this would happen two or
three times a year so no way was what these old and even some of today's
ferreters correct in my opinion.

Now after seeing how some of these people kept their ferrets it was no
wonder that some of their jills died, the ferret cages were full of
sqirty excrement and a lot of these ferrets were fed on bead and milk.

But the point that I am trying to make is that none of my jills died, yet
once I joined the world of the Internet I once again came upon against
people who were telling me that my ferret jills would die if they were
left in season.

All this is messing with my head as I joined the world wide web after a
brain injury and it has made me question my memory of how I used to keep
my animals

--
Please contact me I can be of any help, I am not a vet and in the past
30+ years none of my animals have visited my vet for anything other than