From:
rosemary german <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Apr 2004 19:15:24 -0400
Dear Alicia,

I will try to put this matter to bed and not tie up unnecessary FML
space.

I am naive to people spreading nasty rumors about what I do and don't do
and try not to take it personally.  I am also sorry to hear that you have
a problem with unlicensed, non-state status.  As a self-supporting ferret
lover and caregiver to many ferrets that were dumped, abused and unwanted
by the very humans that are supposed to give them a forever home, I do
not reap any breaks of state status or donation and ask for nothing but
fair price for High Quality Handcrafted Bedding to aid in our efforts to
provide a forever home for these previously unwanteds, biters and oldies
who do not need to risk further disappointment by yet again being placed
up for adoption or worse-euthanized!  Many of the ferrets here are from
overwhelmed shelters and thus far unburdening THEM.  Some were just plain
turned away due to full capacity at shelters.  My hubby and I spent over
$7100.00 last year on Veterinarian bills alone with no help but bedding
sales and out of pocket .  I have spoken with many other people who also
are self-supported caregivers that are also trying to make the world a
better place for these wonderful companion animals by selling their
bedding.  As Phyllis stated "there are plenty of ferrets in need of
bedding" so in all fairness -I will not put down anyone's efforts to
compete.  AFTER ALL- IT IS FOR THE FERRETS BENEFIT, ISN'T IT?  As a
matter of fact -on your list of people who have helped "SAVE THE VAN" my
name appears first!  It is my choice to donate my own money and bedding
when I can to help others in need!  I ask for nothing but the purchase of
High Quality Bedding at reasonable prices for A GOOD CAUSE- ALL AROUND!!
I have always applauded your efforts and works for ferrets-i just ask not
to belittle mine.

Respectfully,
Rose German(LFFR)

Little Feet Ferret Retreat