From:
Carol Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 2004 21:52:54 -0700
I adopted out two ferrets to an "older" woman (70) without making a home
visit as she already had four others and other animals.  When I did go to
see them I find the first four in a Super Pet cage with no litter box.
She wipes it out a couple times a day.  I gently recommeded that she try
a litter box so I make another trip- half hour each way- with small kitty
pans, Feline Pine and Yesterday's News, a high back pan made from a
sweater box, some bedding, of several types.  Third trip back she's back
to using nothing again and they have to get their feet wet to go potty.
The woman is quite lovely otherwise, still working, takes good care of
her kitties and dog and other's dogs, too.  What can I do or tell her
that might sway her to use something.  I've suggested even plain
newspaper.  I'll see when I go back next week.

Thanks,

Carol O.,
Tucson