From:
Brenda Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2011 11:14:29 -0500
So - mum was going to have an open house on Saturday February 19th to
show off our new digs but the weather decided not to be cooperative so
mum moved it to Sunday February 20th - only 3 people from far far away
did not get mums message about changing the date so Miss Nicky from
Corning - Miss Christine from Auburn and Mr Pete from Ithaca all showed
up Saturday afternoon for the open house - Miss Donna from Rochester
got here about 3:30 to help mum around the shelter -

That was some weather they drove in to get here - mum put on a pot of
coffee - Mr Pete opened the box of goodies that Miss Christine brought
in - and they all went into the shelter to admire the new cages - Miss
Christine was new to the shelter so she got to see fur kids and visit
with Miss Nicky and Mr. Pete while mum worked - they all stayed for a
couple of hours - Sunday morning the weather was much better so mum
sent a message that the open house was on - 14 people showed up to
visit and join in the food and fun - Miss Mindy, Mr Dick, Miss Mary B,
Miss Iliana, Miss Loana. Mr. Clair, Miss Kathy H. and her friend that
mum does not remember his name, Miss Genevieve, her mom Miss Siobhan,
a new family that wants to adopt a ferret - 3 children and their dad -
mum does not remember their names either but she does remember the
sparkle in the eyes of the children when they got to hold and love on
us - mum says they have been bitten by the ferret bug -

There was tons of food, soda and coffee to drink - Miss Mary B held
an auction - she said it seems the things she auctions off get passed
around and around by all the folks that help here at the shelter - it
does - the stuff gets donated by them to us - we use it for a bit then
we pass it on for the auction - so mum says the auction is a round
robin - we ferrets got put away early and kept away for most of the
open house - mum took 4 barriers down so the humans could move freely -
that makes it easy for us to escape - or get stepped on so mum just
kept us locked up - she told us she has this full week off so she will
give us extra out time in her space for being locked up most of the day

Mum says the open house was a success - she was happy so many were
still able to come after we had to move the date - thanks everyone for
visiting with us and spending time at our shelter open house - We love
our new cages - mum loves the new cages and was happy to share the new
shelter with everyone -

Possum

our new store site
http://www.notjustforferrets.com/