From:
Mustela Putorious <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2007 16:57:14 -0700
Musty Pete Checking On Thelma

Miss Thelma crossed The Rainbow Bridge a few weeks ago. My human needs
to apologize to Thelma's earth Mom Nancy... He missed your request in
his email thingy-whoosie-mawhatsis, says he didn't see it...we're sorry
this took so long Nancy.

I knew that I needed to locate Thelma up here in The Rainbow Bridge
Community. But it's such a huge place I didn't know where to begin
my search. But it shouldn't be all that hard, I understand she is a
gorgeous silver mitt. Silver mitts are very much appreciated up here
as they are not the most common colors for ferts. They are always so
beautiful to look at.

I began my hunt by walking over to the Newbie Dorms. Maybe she settled
in there? But I asked around and no one remembered a "Thelma" and since
that is a rather uncommon fert name, I think someone would have
remembered her had she been there.

So I walked way out where there are some cabins, they are on a small
lane just before you get to The Falls. It's really pretty out that way.
Dirt lanes to walk that are covered by a canopy of larger than life oak
trees, it's always so shady and cool under those great oaks, even on
the hottest of summer days. There are probably a dozen or so cabins out
this way. They are all fert-built using the logs from the trees that
have fallen, very rustic. There is green ivy that creeps along winding
it's way around everything from the low-lying trees to the cabin walls
to outdoor hammies if they're not used everyday. A lush green moss
covers the ground and wildflowers are everywhere. It is very quiet out
here...a good place to come if you need to think or just want to be at
peace with nature. It's also a nice place to take a long nap on a hot
summer day...those days will be here very soon.

As I approached the first cabin I saw an older girlie fert hanging
some bedding out on a clothesline. "Oh Hello" I called out to her. She
jumped as she turned towards me, "Oh! You gave me a start...I didn't
see you coming down the lane!"

I apologized for scaring her and said, "My name is Musty Pete. I am a
Bridge Greeter here. I am looking for a lovely silver mitt girlie fert
named Thelma. Do you know her?"

"Why yes! I do know a Thelma...met her a few weeks back I think...nice
lady ferret she was." said the elder fert.

I stood patiently waiting for her to elaborate but she turned back to
the task at hand, hanging out linens to dry...I cleared my throat...
"Ahem...Do you happen to know where Miss Thelma is staying?" I asked.

She turned back and looked at me...her brow crinkled as if she were
thinking about something very important..."Hmmm? I don't think she said
where she was staying...and I only met her very briefly...I do recall
that she was with Marley and CoCo who live 3 cabins down on the other
side of the lane. Maybe you can find her there. "she said as she turned
back to her linens.

"Okay, thank you." I said as I turned to walk down the lane I heard her
say "Have a nice day Dear." which made me smile.

I continued down the shady lane thinking how nice it would be to live
over this way. But my little cottage, as beat up and shabby as some
might think, is my home. It is where I belong and where I need to
be...However! If I ever do decide to move, this will be the first place
I look for available real estate! I really do like it here.

Here we are, third cabin down on the other side of the lane. I tapped
on the front door and called out "Helloooo! Is anyone at home?" I
heard some noise from inside, perhaps I am calling too early and the
occupants are still asleep, we all know how some ferts can seem to
sleep their lives away. No one came to the door, so I decided to plop
myself down in an old outdoor hammock and wait until they woke up...
well, we all know how a fert is in a hammock...lay down, get comfy and
sleep- sleep- sleep- sleep- sleep!

Before I knew it I was snoring to beat the band and someone was tapping
my big barrel chest, I heard a voice off in the distance, "Hey Mister!
Why are you sleeping in my hammie??" I tried to push away the offending
tapper, but to no avail, they kept tapping and the voice got louder,
"HEY MISTER!! WHY ARE YOU SLEEPING IN MY HAMMIE???"

I stirred, opened one eye and peered down to see a rather youngish kit
sticking his little primary digit into my chest. I glared a mean glare.
"Hmmmph! You can stop poking me anytime young fert!" I said, and not
too nicely either! I sat up and collected myself, all the while being
stared down by this young 'security ferret', someday he'd make a good
security guard.... somewhere.

He looked at me and asked, "Who are you?"

"My name is Musty Pete" I said "I am a Bridge Greeter."

He looked at me accusingly and said, "You're a little far from the
Bridge ain't ya??"

"Yes! Yes I am a little far from the Bridge...but I am looking for
someone...maybe you know her? Thelma?" I asked.

He scrunched up his little black nose and said, "Oh Yeah! Thelma! She
stays over at Louisa's cabin...it's across the lane two doors down from
here, it has blue shutters on the windows. Can't miss it." pointing his
little paw in the appropriate direction.

"Thank you kind sir. And what is your name?" I asked him.

He looked at me sideways and said. "My name is Jackson." I said. "Very
pleased to meet you Jackson. Take care." and I turned to find Louisa's
cabin. Two doors down, other side of the lane....

There it is a cabin with blue shutters. I walked up and rapped on the
door, in a moment a lady fert opened the door and said, without even
looking up, "Whatever your selling we ain't buying...so if you're here
to sell something, move along!"

When she realized I was still standing there she looked up and said,
"Can I do something for you?"

I smiled, my kindest, most gentle smile and said, "Good morning. I am
looking for a nice lady fert named Thelma. She's only been here a few
weeks. Young Jackson told me she may be staying here with you. Is she
here? Staying with you?"

The cranky lady fert half-smiled up at me and said, "Oh yes! Thelma is
here. Wait one minute and I'll get her for you." and she closed the
door on my snout, well, she almost did...thanks to my lightning-fast
reflexes I narrowly averted a snout-squeeze. [They really hurt!!]

In a minute another lady fert opened the door, "I'm sorry! Louisa has
the manners of a mink! Please come in, won't you?" she said as she
smiled and moved to one side to allow me to pass. "I am Thelma. Who
are you?" she asked.

"My name is Musty Pete. I am a Bridge Greeter." I started to explain
and was interrupted by Louisa saying, "Little far from the Bridge ain't
ya?" I cringed [apparently this is going to be the joke of the day].

"Yes, Louisa. I am a little far from The Bridge. But that is because I
had a very special request to check on Miss Thelma, I was asked to make
sure she made it across The Bridge and find out if she found YOU, Miss
Louisa and another lady fert named Maggie Jane."

Thelma smiled and said softly, "Leo...Oh! I love her forever."

I smiled and said, "Yes, it was Leo [Nancy]. She misses you very much
but she is also so very thankful that your pain is gone and your
suffering is over. She really loves you Miss Thelma."

Thelma smiled and asked me to let Leo know that Maggie Jane is also
with them. They are all fine, waiting to see her again one day.

"Well then...my work here is done. It was lovely to meet the both of
you. I should be going, it's a long walk back to my cottage. And I
really feel like I need a loooong nap."

I smiled and waved as I walked away, chuckling and thinking, "Little
far from The Bridge ain't ya?"

Send your Rainbow Bridge Greeting Requests [or CheckUps] to: