From:
"Scott Dudley" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Feb 1988 13:52:46 -0500
[I got this a whole week ago and somehow missed sending it.  Sorry about that]

I recall seeing a query on rec.pets about removing the yellow oil stain from
a ferrets coat.  I hope the questioner has subscribed to this list as I have
the needed info for him and others.  I ran across a catalog called "ferret
stuff" put out by - RMRS
                    P.O. Box 5574
                    Roanoke, Va 24012
that was chock full of ferret specific products.  For whitening the coat,
they have Yellow Stain Out - Step One that is "a coconut oil base formula e
ed with protein.  Tearless, non-irritating, high quality shampoo specifically
developed for removing yellow oil stains from ferrets coatt and helps prevent
dryness....Rich and foamy, it has a neutral pH, is non-bleaching, rinses out
quickly, leaving the coat wwith a fresh, clean smell.  Special whiteners and
pearlescent brighteners add brilliance and sparkle to the coal."
They then have Yellow Stain Out - Step Two  "...specially formulated to ab-
sorb ferret body oils.  These oils cause the yellow stain of your ferrets
undercoat and guard hairs.  (this is a powder sprinkled on and brushed off)
they go on to say "cleans, texturizes, and deodorizes, brushes out easily,
leaves coat lustrous, works on all colors of ferrets, non-toxic, non-irrita-
ting, no abrasives or harmful additives".

This company has champion-bred ferrets for sale (mail order!) and will breed y
your female to a champion (if you mail or bring your female in!)  They have
ferret t-shirts (for both you and your ferret), stationary, bumper stickers,
buttons, notepads, and ferret hammocks so your little one does not have to
sleep on the cold wire cage (should you keep yours caged 8-})

Their phone number is (703) 362-4822 open from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm EST.
They accept visa and mastercard.  They state they are endorsed by the IFA.

Some time back, I posted that my guys get linatone and vitamins.  A member
of this group interpreted that as "large doses of vitamins" somehow.  In
fact, they get 1 drop per day of Avitron.  I have read every book I can
get my hands on about ferrets (I now have 5) and am as well informed as
most.  I also know that vitamin A (excessive amounts) is toxic as well as
salt, and other things.  I plan to synthesize the cautions contained in
the 5 books when I get back from skiing in a few weeks.  My point is, this
should be a "gentle" newsgroup not prone to the ridiculous flaming that
goes on elsewhere, in keeping with the wonderful pets we have chosen or
are about to choose.  There is already too much bogus information out there
about ferrets and we should be the voice of sanity and a valid reference
point.  'nuff said.....

scott