Date:
Mon, 30 Nov 2009 17:00:23 -0800
We have one ferret who is 3-4 years old and he has been part of our
family for 1 week shy of 3 years.

His name is Willy and he's a great ferret.

I used to think he was very smart (and I still think that) and he
became board easy, even though we rotate toys every week or so. What
made me think he was board was he would lay down near me, if I was
sitting down or somewhere obvious if I was cleaning litter pans or
changing bedding etc. During these times I would usually pet his head
and neck. I recently found out, during an occasion when I could not be
home during play time (I was with my father-in-law at the hospital) he
was running and playing and jumping around and having a ball. I guess
he really likes to having me rub his head, neck, and shoulders.

Now I'm not sure what to do, I want him to play and have fun but he
keeps laying down waiting for me to pet him. I feel guilty if I pet
him and I feel guilty if I don't.

Has anyone else had a ferret behave like this? Any suggestions on what
I should do?

Thanks
Mike