From:
"Denise L. Voskuil" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Feb 1996 14:26:50 -0600
From:    James Hensley <[log in to unmask]>
[snip]
>Fortunately, I've fixed both problems at once by stapling heavy-duty plastic
>sheeting on the gate....

>PS.  I'm still one step ahead of these little monsters, but it's probably
>just a matter of time.

All too true, probably.  I used thick cardboard for the same purpose.
Randall, our explorer ferret, tries jumping off a nearby table to catch the
top of the gate, but it's just too far (it's a short table, we have thick
carpeting, and I watch out for this).

One day, he discovered an overturned shoebox.  I watched as he pushed it
across the room and up next to the gate, then climbed up on top of it and
tried to jump from there!  He remembered how to do it about a month later,
too, so he's a clever one.

Watch out, they're too smart for our own good... ;)

- Denise, plus:
Rocko (~2 yr old MF milk chocolate sable male), Randall (~1.5 yr old MF
sable male), Spunky (~9 mo old silvermitt male), and Regina (~4 mo old MF
hooded sable female)
--
Denise Voskuil - [log in to unmask]@eden.com - http://www.mcs.net/~dvoskuil/
Hepcats= http://www.mcs.net/~dvoskuil/hepcats/