Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 2000 12:42:31 EDT
>From:    Jennifer Hudson <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Need help with Devil's Club???
>Now for the question.... I talked to Dr. Allum about switching Jack to
>herbal treatments (Devil's Club) instead of the pred.  She was actually
>very much in favor and encouraged me to give it a try.  She has only
>tried using the Devil's Club for her Panda, but Panda had very advanced
>insulinoma.  Jack is still precancerous, so our hope is to prevent him
>from advancing and throwing off the cancer cells.  A refresher - Jack had
>surgery on the 12th would showed a pancreas that was hard and purplish,
>no nodules.  A biopsy showed unusual cell growth, which the pathologist
>said would turn into a cancer that would throw off cells leading to cancer
>most likely in bone marrow and lymph nodes.

>Has anyone used Devil's Club with any success?  If so, I've seen several
>'types' of Devil's Club.  The Last Chance Rescue sells Devil's Club
>Supreme.  I have also seen Devil's Club Root and Devil's Club Jumblo
>(sp??).  All are sold in 1 fl oz bottles.  I cannot find descriptions which
>define what makes them different or better/worse.  Anyone have opinions??

I have used Devil's Club from Last Chance Ferret Rescue with great success
in several ferrets.  The latest is Peasley who is now 2 years post her
insulinoma surgery (she's now 7).  The worst she has gotten is a little
glassy eyed when she decides to go on a hunger strike for more fruit
loops <BG>.  Granted I'm prejudiced since Diane and Steve are friends, but
I just don't understand why anyone would want to get their Devil's Club
anywhere else...