From:
SELENA SIMONETTI <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 1995 09:42:06 -0500
I have read in social history books that women and men in the middle ages
used ferrets for hunting rabbits and kept them as pets in mean time.
This PROVES that our little friends are not wild creatures. I can prove
that in 1100's AD this was a popular form of hunting, and often this
was a ladies pet like a lap dog.  I have seen paintings where women have
"dolled" up their ferrets with jewelled collars and leashes. I thought I
would bring this up in case anyone else anyone on the list comes across
an unenlightened person. (that's not necessarily bad, we just have to fix
that<G>)
Ferrets are adorable little things and I would hate it if they outlawed
them. (I just got a mental picture of a "masked ferret" with a pair of
six shooters: "OK Lady, gimme all your raisins!" <VBG>)
Selena Simonetti [log in to unmask]