From:
"Ilena E. Ayala" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Apr 1998 08:49:35 -0400
Moxie wrote:
>Today he still has a fever and is a little uncomfortable, so I called and
>we agreed I could give him 1/4 child's aspirin.  My vet says we have to
>give the new antibiotic five days.  He says we may have to do exploratory
>surgery if this continues, something I would like to avoid at his age.

Keep in touch with your vet about that asprin if you decide to go with
surgery.  It's an anticoagulant (blood thinner), and may cause him to bleed
more during the surgery if not withdrawn early enough prior to surgery.
I'm not sure how long the wait time is for it to work it's way out, but if
surgery comes up, remind your vet you've been using it and ask about it.
And let us know what he says- I'd be interested in knowing the recommended
withdrawal time prior to surgery.

-Ilena Ayala