From:
Fuzzies-r-Us <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Jan 2000 11:28:55 -0500
Our ferrets purr.  Ok, I can hear some of you now, thinking "Hey silly,
ferrets don' / can't purr."

Have you ever picked up your kids and cuddled them as they enjoyed a Flax
seed oil or Ferrettone treat?  One of the greatest joys to a ferret parent
is holding them and watching them preen their little faces.  Rolling and
getting ready to enjoy a little nap in your hands.  Have you watched them,
really looked at how bright they are, how soft, how they have grown, how
they trust you.  Have you noticed how you need them?  How you need those
begging moments, those little furry faces peeking out of hidy spaces?

We have a little albino girl, Mysti, who had spent many years confined and
unhanded, by the grace of a Higher power, she as become quite a cuddlier,
actually a "Daddy's girl" She will preen and nap in my hands after a treat,
and I swear she purrs.  Yes, I know very well she doesn't have the pieces
and parts needed to purr, but she does.

Those who are lucky enough to have a "cuddlier" nap in your lap or arms
have felt it hasn't you?  Those quiet moments of total bonding they let us
big people have.  Those little ways our kids tell us "Thanks Mom and Dad."
Those rare and blessed moments more precious than a nose kiss.

Some of you may remember we recently lost Ricky and early this summer his
wonderful brother Bandit.  As "grumpy" as Bandit appeared, he would allow
me a special moment where my little tough guy would relax and let me know
we were more than caregivers.  Ricky was a lover, an unselfish little man,
he loved everyone and he showed it freely.  As his time grew near, I swear
I felt him "purr" as he napped with me.

I guess the loss of these ferret kids hurts us all, We've make our time
their time.  We have no plans when they want our time, Goodness knows
they don't have a lot of time to share, do they?

Those of you that fell the overpowering need to flame me or lecture me on
the "purring" , It's my belief, and if you have time to attempt to correct
me, go spend that time with your fuzzy kids, they need your time more than
I do!  lol

The Smiths