From:
Leeanne Pallazola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 2004 21:23:28 EDT
My female 8 year old ferret having insulimona and now cardiomyopathy.
Have been on Prednilisone 2mg/ml#30cc~.25cc once a day; Lasix
20mg/ml#4cc~.15 every 12 hours; Enalapril 2mg/ml#12.5cc~.15cc once a day
and Digoxin Elixer Pediatric~.20cc every 12 hours, being fed chicken baby
food with ground totally ferret every 4 hours religiously.  It has been
once month since we first started all these meds.  As of last Tuesday's
recheck she was good; not so much accumulated fluid so did not need to be
tapped; liver values good; heart rate good; appetite wonderful and more
energetic.  Still having very runny stools and a bloody rectum.  Vet put
her on Sucralfate 100mg/ml 1GMtablets~.20cc every eight hours.  Have been
giving her the latter since Tuesday evening and she is not eating like
she was, very lethargic now and her breathing is somewhat labored and too
me ( I am not a vet) but her heart rate seems faster, and still having
runny stools.  Could this medication have altered the progress from the
others?

She was doing so well and now....

thank you
Leeanne and "Fenway"