From:
Ruby Supe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Dec 2003 11:20:43 EST
Any help would be greatly appreciated, Especially if there are any doctor
out there who have experienced this.

Last Wed. I took my ferrets to work with me (I work at a vet clinic) So
that they could get their distemper shots.  My boy always has reactions
so I expected it from him but all 3 of the had reactions.  The vaccine
was fervacD my boy was lethargic my 2 year old girl had bloody diah and
my 6 year old started vomiting.  She the one who is still sick, that day
she threw up 3 times.  we gave her Sq Fluids and That day I took her
home and monitored her she seemed better and was still eating them.  but
apparently over the weekend she hadn't been eating and I noticed Monday
that she has lost weight and was lethargic.  We did bloodwork and the
results that came back indicate that she may have Imsulinoma, But I
have read alot about this and she did not have any symptoms before the
vaccines were given last week.  She still doesn't show any signs of the
illness.  She's having a hard time eating which really concerns me, It
seems as if her throat hurts and she cant eat her kibble.  She's hungry
and I have been force feeding her a/d only because she cant stand wet
food and refuses to eat it even when she's healthy.

What I am wondering is could her having this vaccine reaction be causing
what is happening to her now?  Does she really have insulinoma or is it
just her immune system is all wacky from having such a severe reaction
last week.  Any medical advice is GREATLY helpful as I do not live near
any vets who have knowledge of ferret illnesses.

Ruby and The Precious