From:
Crystal Ferraro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Jul 2002 17:15:45 -0700
Despite being sound asleep, I received a welcome call this Saturday
morning at 8:30 a.m.  Our vet called to let us know that our Baby's
blood results came back normal.  She has a clean bill of health.

We took Baby in two days ago because she seems to be putting on weight
and her energy level is fluctuating.  She's 4 1/2 years old, and I feared
insulinoma and/or adrenal.  During the exam, Dr. Wilson said she didn't
see or feel anything abnormal, but to put my mind at ease she took some
blood.  Waiting the past 36 hours for the results was awful.

We just said good-bye to Ziggy, our first ferret and my best friend, less
than six months ago and the pain is still unbearable.  I didn't know how
I could do it again so soon.  The medicine, the hand feeding, the
sleepless nights.  Not knowing if I'd be there when the time came.

But I know that somehow I'll have to do it again.  We have three ferrets,
including Baby, and are patiently waiting for another special fuzzy to
steal our hearts.  Adrenal and insulinoma are par for the course.

I want to thank all of the shelter mommys and daddys who deal with these
things everyday.  I don't know how you do it.  You are truly a God send.

I would also like to send my heartfelt condolences to all the special
humans who helped Spirit in his time of need, as well as to his mommy.
The relief I felt at 8:30 this morning has been replaced with a deep
sadness.  I pray that Spirit is having a blast at the Bridge and
recalling only happy memories of being with the people who loved and
cared for him best of all.

With a heavy heart,
Crystal
with Baby, Bilbo, Frodo in Spokane, Wash.
Missing Ziggy