From:
"Kirk F. Stantis" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jan 1997 01:03:16 -0600
How come every time I read of some weird ferret adventure on the FML, I get
instant replay in my own home?  The day after I read about ferrets going up
into boxsprings, I hear a thud, thud, thud, underneath me as I'm laying in
bed!  Ah, Houdini, my little trouble maker!  So now the hole in the
underside of my bed is patched up with duct tape until I can turn it over
and staple a sheet on!

So, today, or yesterday (it's now after midnight here!), I'm at work and I
get a hysterical call from my 12 yr. old that her older sister went and left
her bedroom door open and one of the ferrets went in.  This in itself is
scary if you knew what my 18 yr. old's bedroom looks like!  I think things
have gone in there never to be seen again!  Anyway, she also had left her
closet door open and in there we had just happened to have left the access
panel to the bathtub pipes open as we are trying to investigate a bathroom
leak that is ruining our kitchen ceiling downstairs.  So, do you get the
picture now?  Hysterical 12 yr. old with missing fuzzy!  A thorough search
takes place in every room of the house.  No missing ferret!  12 yr. old
starts envisioning all kinds of mishaps, and starts to wonder if it was
possible for the ferret to sneak past the 18 yr. old as she left the house
to go out with friends.  12 yr. old runs panic stricken and barefoot out
into the snow, blowing a whistle and squeaking a large rubber toy!  It's a
good thing the police didn't show up.  Then the hysterical 12 yr. old is in
the downstairs bathroom and thinks she hears a pitter-patter above her head
and the faint tinkle of a bell.  She goes to the upstairs bathroom and...
nothing.  Then she hears more pitter-patter and knows it is nearby, so she
once again ventures into the dark recesses of the 18 yr. old's bedroom to
discover the access panel open and the vast expanse of wall studs, pipes,
insulation, etc.  Now the tinkling of the bell is much louder!  Panic!
Panic!  Squeak toy!  Whistle!  Squeak toy!  Finally the ferret emerges!  Oh,
it's the sweet innocent Ferret Bueller, just out for a meandering!  And
where is the little fuzzbean of trouble, Houdini (so appropriately named)?
Downstairs in her hammock, fast asleep!

Now, 12 yr. old almost kills 18 yr. old upon her return!  Bet they won't
want another "vacation day" from school for awhile!

Conclusion:  Do you think our fuzzies know how to access e-mail to read
about all the adventures on the FML they're missing out on and to get
fresh ideas?!

What's next?  The stove!!!

Dooks to All!
Gaye & The Weasel Women