From:
Joanne Ruffner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 17:00:37 -0700
Please say some prayers for Zorro on Tuesday, July 2nd.  He will be going
in for exploratory surgery.  He has a large spleen and it is causing him
problems.

Since he has been with us at the shelter he has gone down hill.  He has
some good days but he has never acted his young age of 3 years old.  He
has been having a hard time breathing and is very lethargic.  He has
started coughing about a week ago.

He is now on antibiotics and some other vitamins until the surgery.
While they are inside they are going to look at his adrenal glands
because he his fur is oily.  They ran blood work yesterday and today the
results came back ok.  No sign of insuloma.

Zorro is a VERY sweet ferret.  We have found that he loves to go outside
with us and he runs for his little rubber ball.  If you take it out of his
hiding spot he will chase it, pick it up with his mouth and put it back
"where it belongs".

This is our first time that a ferret is going in for a surgery like this.
So, yes, I am a little frightened.  I don't want anything to happen to
him.  I know he is in good hands.  And another good thing is that the day
after surgery Shawn will be home with him all day and then I have a 4 day
weekend (Thursday-Friday).

I have put some pictures of Zorro up on our web-site:
http://www.geocities.com/ferretcorneraz/Zorro.html

Thank you,
Joanne
Ferret Corner Shelter