From:
"Diana J. Anderson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Jul 1996 12:11:41 -0500
Hi, everybody.
I just stumbled on a very effective method of keeping my ferrets cool.  (We
seem to be having AC problems today.  I have a call in to the repairman.
Luckily the weather hasn't been *too* hot lately.)

I (sheepish smile) wasn't at all prepared for an AC break-down.  Didn't have
frozen liter bottles or anything similar, but the kids were wilting in the
heat, so I began searching desperately through the freezer for *something*
they could lay on to stay cool.  I found, (thank God I have a ten-year-old
human kid!), Freeze -n- Squeeze popsicles!  You remember those.  They come
in long plastic tubes and you cut the top off to squeeze the frozen goody
out.  They're packaged in perforated sheets of ten or twelve tubes.  Perfect
size for the fuzzies.  Just wrap a tea-towel around the sheet of popsicles,
and lay it in the bottom of the cage.  The ferret will do the rest: *rip*
the towel off the "cool mat" and flop down on it belly-first, and say,
"Ahhhhh.  Thanks, Mom."

If you have a chewer, (and who doesn't?) you'll probably want to watch for
chewed corners of the plastic, and sticky multicolored puddles on the bottom
of the cage.  :^D

Dooks to all from me and my cool two!

Didi Anderson

an' da fuzz-babes,