From:
Selina Siu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 08:19:14 -0500
thought I'll join in for this one...

I love Bob C's chicken gravy!  I have to remember that it took hours of
work to make and resist stealing it from the ferrets.  my rooommate
doesn't like the grainy texture from the bones.  both my roommate and I
also try all the kibbles we get.  currently we are feeding a mix of
Totally ferret and Felidae, and I definitely prefer Felidae, it has a
herby flavour that other kibbles don't.  my problem with kibbles isn't
so much the taste than the dryness.  haven't tried ferretone but don't
expect to like it.  don't like nutrical (although it is okay in chicken
gravy 'cause the taste gets hidden).  cheweasels and foamy fries are
alright, but I'm not a chewy texture person.  that's all I can think of
right now and I've probably said too much...

the closest I've had to other things ferrets taste is picking up Sand
and giving him a kiss after he had been licking pee.  I learned to smell
their breath first...

regarding solitary mustelids...  aren't otters very social?

// Selina, Sprite, Sand, Bear, Dart & Clef
// in spirit - Birch, Dief & Storm
// http://www.cgl.uwaterloo.ca/~ssiu