From:
Millie and her Exploding Drinking It Up Cleaning Crew <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 18:23:28 -0500
With all the ferrets I have owned and the expense I have gone through
trying to do all I can for them to avoid adrenal, I am told I have my
first case but I don't think it is adrenal.

This is a little girl I got 1 year ago after she weened her kits.  She
had a green discharge, I had her fixed and on antibodics.  This year she
lost fur on her tail - this is not unusual as I have tubes through my
walls to the outside into cages that go 18" into the ground and tons of
sand and stuff to dig in.  But she started getting scabby and scratches.
she has lost hair on her body, yes on the hips where adrenal gets em.
But with the scratches and the scabs, this isn't adrenal symptoms.  I
also hear that ear mites causes loss of hair to the tail.  Hair is coming
back on her tail since I started treating for ear mites which I haven't
found ear scratching going on.  Also mine are treated for fleas
(Frontline) and heartworms (ivermec).

Does anyone have any ideas on this.  She is scheduled for surgery
but................ gut feelings are there OR is it that I don't want
to admit I have adrenal.