From:
Teresa Knezek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 2004 13:12:58 +0100
>Good for Oprah!!!! I'm sure many of you watched the recent taping of The
>Oprah Winfrey show where her guest was Tommy Hilfiger.

Just a bit of advice... If you hear some rumour through email that seems
to be really astonishing or shocking, take a minute or two and search for
confirmation on Google before you forward the story.  By searching for
'Tommy Hilfiger Oprah' after reading this message, I came up with a
number of sources debunking that particular rumor (which has been
circulating through email since the late 90's)

Tommy Hilfiger's site statement:
http://www.tommy.com/help/rumor/

Oprah Winfrey's site statement:
http://www.oprah.com/tows/pastshows/tows_1999/tows_past_19990111.jhtml

Urban Legends Reference Pages (Snopes.com) article:
http://www.snopes.com/racial/business/hilfiger.asp

Imagine how horrible it would be to have thousands of people
circulating an untrue rumour like that about *you*...

--
Teresa -- and the
Three Polar Packrats