From:
Date:
Thu, 17 Jul 1997 20:09:13 -0700
>From:    Pam Grant and STAR* Ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: I'm still a shelter....
>I'd like to clarify that Pamela Troutman Grant is still operating her
>shelter, The Ferrets of Pet Pals.

No slight had been intended.  And with what you say below maybe we should
have just said in the former incarnation of Pet Pals.

>Until there are none in the shelter system, don't buy, but adopt one.

Does this mean you are no longer breeding?  And as such all the rest of the
world should stop as well?  Just want to understand the new rules.  They
seem to change a lot.

>From:    MROCHAC <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: TOBI, FAQs, Thank you's

Embarassed by the glowing compliments but thank you.

>p.s.: Mr. and Mrs. Sanders: Dr. Jean Wardell (Austin Vet Clinic) apparently
>is not assisting new ferrets patients.  I tried booking an apointment with
>her in early may and that is the response that I got.  Maybe things have
>changed now.  Hopefully.  I hear she is VERY good also.

Thats too bad.  Dr. Wardell is also a friend of ours.  She hand delivered a
problem birth kit of ours on her kithen table.  She is a protege of Dr.
Kawasaki.  Also in the NoVa area we can recommend Dr. Pam Slack of the
Alexandria Animal Hospital.  We do not know Dr. hart but have heard good
things about him.  Across the river in Maryland there is Dr Charles Weiss at
the Potomac Animal Hospital.

>From:    Maggie <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: re : Polecats & feral ferrets
>I have a partial poley 12 week old hob (75% pole 25% English ferret) named
>Joey.  His dam was Camelot and his sire was Chevy.  I am curious do you know
>how many gens Joey is removed from wild stock?

We just talked to Georgia Bailey, the owner of Chevy.  Chevy of Dragon Run
is an English immigrant but not at all polecat.  The Ferret Gallery's
Camelot is a full sister to our TFG's Morgan le Fey.  Camelot (and Morgan)
are daughters of Tally of JBF who is a son of Peter Polecat of James McKay.
Peter Polecat is reputed to be a polecat taken fromt he wild (we have no
reason to doubt it).  Camelot's mother is American.

This makes your kit Joey 1/8 polecat.  Same as the hob we have from George.
This is three generations removed from wild.  Sorry George but as we
understand it our hob (now Neville Chamberlain) was pretty "intense" as a
kit but is now very sweet.  This means Joey has hope.  Camelot's mother was
a good jill (though we forget which one it was off hand and our papers are
in a different house now)

>From:    Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: the road to hell is paved...

Sukie the philospher.  Well put.  Let us try to heed her advice and work
towards the doable.  We can retain the ideal goals in our minds and get
closer and closer with each practical step.  Some will be small and some
will be larger.  But many small steps put together can be more easily
achieved than one large step but you get to the same place.

>From:    "marie i. schatz" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Ferret Availability

BIG disallowed my comments comparing cats and ferrets regarding
overpopulation.  It discussed how we could avoid those problems but since
dogs and cats aren't ferrets he decided that post was animal rights not
ferrets.  Sorry.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
http://www.zenferret.com/