From:
Joop & Astrid <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Aug 1999 18:37:19 +0200
Hello to you all and Scott,

I do partially agree with you, everbody knows that animals are also used to
provide us with medicine to help mankind and al that sort of stuff.  This
is a thing that is wel known and accepted because the saving of mankind is
easy to sell, I don't mean this as a pick to any one and maybe I put words
wrong but it is difficult to express your self as your laungage is
different.  What I mean to say is that we always put ourselves above al
other.  People think that is normal because we are the suprior beings.  In
a way I agree that we need this tests to survive in a way.  But what I
don't understand is like Marshall Farms is breeding ferrets for "humans"
to keep them as a pet, advertise on there homepage that they love and care
for the animals but on the other hand put an advertisment in Lab Animal
magazine that they breed the perfect lab animal.  That doesn't seem
logical.  I can't understand that someone who is supposted to care for
ferrets (and other animals) sells them to labs aswell.  In my opion it is
like this, either you care about the animals and want to give them a warm
nest, or you don't care and see them as merchandise.  The way that Marshall
Farms is behaving the only conclusion I can come up with is that they see
ferrets (and other animals) as merchandise in any way.  That is not someone
where I want my ferret from!!!!!!

The last I want you all to know is that we (The Dutch Ferretsclub
Foundation, sorry for the name :0) is planning to start a campaign with
other ferretsclubs in Europe (including The Ferret-Arc) to ban the import
of Ferrets from Marshall Farms and the products they make.  (99% change
they tested these first on there lovely pets at "home").  Sorry if I sound
violent but we try to make a statement here in Holland to try to give our
Dutch and Belgium Ferrets a change to get a new home as well.  Please
everyone don't start flaming but try to make us understand!!

Dooks,

Astrid and the fuzzies from Holland