From:
Toni Tilley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 2010 12:27:01 -0500
Hi all.

Our albino girl, Cassie, who is 5 years 2 months old, was diagnosed
with Insolinoma 2 weeks ago. She's eating chicken baby food and taking
her Prednisone really well. She even gained weight on the chicken baby
food. This Saturday, her blood glucose was at 70 and her vet said she's
in the best shape she's seen for a ferret with Insolinoma.

However, for at least a year before the Insolinoma, Cassie had nerve
damage affecting her right rear leg (from a suspected fall). Her knee
hyper-extended, going out on her sometimes, but she was always able to
pull it back in. Starting 4 days ago, that is no longer the case, and
that leg is pretty much useless now. She's dragging her leg/legs and
can't even stand to go to the bathroom. For pooping, she lays on her
side and squirts it out. For peeing, she does horizontal splits.

Any suggestions for helping her get around or making things any easier
for her? I've read about ferret wheelchairs, but don't know if she'd
tolerate that; and what about going to the bathroom?

We'd appreciate your prayers and any shared advice/experiences that
might help.

Thanks,
Toni & Robert Tilley