From:
Michael Bostrom <[log in to unmask]
Date:
Sat, 24 May 1997 17:28:55 -0500
Hello weezil people!

Once more I can enlighten you on one of the facets of owning maniacal
fuzzballs that has caused some controversy as of late: the food issue.  My
weezils are EXTREMELEY picky when it comes to food.  They will not touch
their food unless it has been thoroughly taste-tested first.  As their
humble servant, this duty falls upon my shoulders.  This puts me in a unique
position to shed a different light on this subject from the perspective of
taste.  Plain old generic-type cat food is just that, plain, old and
generic.  All brands of this taste the same, roughly the equivalent of
cardboard.  I would not recommend this stuff to my worst cat...I mean,
enemy.  Only slightly better is 8 in 1 ferret food.  It has a different
taste, but it's the difference between cardboard and paper.  If you're going
to use cat food, definitely go for Iam's Kitten Food.  It has much more
taste and it doesn't give you the runs afterwards.  One of the better foods
I've tried is MF ferret food.  It has a pleasing bouquet and is very
palatable.  Mazuri is also an excellent tasting food, especially for the
price.  But the gourmet of all ferret foods has to be Totally Ferret.  It is
a literal burst of flavor with just a hint of spice.  It is especially good
with a healthy dose of Ferretone on top.  Since I started eating this, my
coat..... I mean, hair has never been softer or shinier.  I give Totally
Ferret four stars.  An excellent side dish would be Ferretvite.  It has a
distinct molasses flavor and is good straight out of the tube or as a
topping.  I enjoy it on pancakes.  Well, there, I hope this different
perspective has been helpful in your decisions about food.  Remember, a well
fed weezil is a happy weezil.  And a happy weezil is less likely to steal
your socks out of spite......

Mikey B & The best fed Weezils north, south, east, and west of the Rio
Grande (I admit it.  I had to look up palatable in the dictionary)

Failed Business Venture:    Mike's Seeing Eye Ferrets