Date:
Sat, 24 Jul 1999 18:06:10 EDT
Hi All
Been awhile since I last posted.  Been reading about people getting ferrets
from pet stores, being told they had shots and not given any other info.
We got our boys (didn't know about the shelter until I was sent the FML)
from a pet store (Petco) We were given their paper work with the info on
their age, when they were fixed and had their first distemper shot.  We
were also told by the store that they would need two more (first within 3
weeks) and their rabies.  I guess we were lucky enough to get them from an
educated store.  Sorry for all your heartache.

Question: hear a lot of info on MF ferrets, had any one ever heard of
Triple F out of Pennsylvania?

Box training...our boys are 75%, they do well unless we ferret sit and
then they will go in the corner by our back door or new the washer in the
kitchen.  I guess they are just marking their territory.  They have a box
in their cage, but will come out of it and use the cat box in the computer
area.  So funny to see them run from the cage to the box to use it.  I know
they are very smart little creatures, mine prove it everyday.  I have tried
the paper in corners, but it is a toy not something to poop or pee on, just
ask them.  Attack mode strikes :-)

Funny story: My Tawny when he wants what we have will actually beg.  He
will try climbing the leg first, if that doesn't work he will then lay flat
on the floor, look up at us and actually sigh.  If we say no to him he will
put his paws over his eyes and then start the whole thing all over again.
It is so cute to watch that, YES, he usually gets a special treat.  He is
just a little spoiled.  :-)

Hug your babies extra special, they are ours for such a short time.  My
thoughts and prayers to all sick little fuzzbutts and their people.
Skeeter take good care of the one who went to the rainbow bridge.

DOOKS to all

Vi, Michael and the boys
Tawny: please mom, just one more treat? :-(
Chiquito:  Who Me?!! I wasn't doing anything!!!
Teddy: My cheweasel!!!!  Don't touch!!!!