From:
sandee ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Apr 2005 17:12:51 -0700
We had the best arrival the other day.  A lady named Sophie arrived.  Her
entrance was a bit unique.  I could hear something hard being drug across
the wooden boards of the bridge through the mist that day.  I'd hear it
off and on rhythmically.  Then I saw what it was.  Sophie was pushing a
small box of milkbones across the bridge.  She'd push, then walk, push,
then walk.  Finally she gave it one big shove and it plopped off the
bridge right at my feet.  She gave me a wink and she greeted ME.

Evidently her mommy must have really prepared for this day.  She was
quite ready to come.  And she wasn't in shock to be here at all.  She
is quite a lady.  I mean greeting ME.

I gave those milkbones a big sniff, but I never had one before.  I passed
them up.  She was saving some to share with Oliver whom she was eager to
find up here.  I told her that she had a whole entourage waiting for her.
But first, I had to ask her a big favor.

Our kits here have had spring fever and have been out of control.  They
have been tormenting the whole lot of us up here.  We really need a firm
motherly influence and I told her that she was perfect for the job.  So
with a wink she said she would surely love to help out up here.  I feel
so relieved already.  I"m tired of being tossed into the flower beds.

Then we were off.  Off to find some loved ones.  And baby did we find em.
Oliver, Seth, Gabby, Fiona, Maggie, Linus, Leo, Mr. Wiggles, Burton and
more were hiding in some holes in the meadow.  They popped out and
surprised her.  She gave them a stern look, but Oliver ignored it.  He
had his eye on those milk bones.  Sheesh.  I just had to try one at that
point.  So we went to town crunching and licking, crunching and licking
and of course more crunching and licking.  Wow.  Who woulda thought
they'd be that tasty?!  Oliver was worried about running out.  But
strange things happen up in heaven.  That box magically refilled as we
ate the treats.  There is now an eternity of milkbones up here for
Sophie.  All her other loved ones just shook their heads at us.  And they
went back to gnawing on some cheweasils.  Sticky things, those
cheweasils.  Milkbones are the bomb!

While we were finishing up our treats, I sat in front of them all, and I
told them all how very much their mommy loved them and still loves them.
Sophie asked if they could come back to this spot each day, so they can
hear "the story of how their mommy loves them".  I said sure.  Anything
to get another milkbone!

Sandee