Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2008 06:53:46 -0800
Hi All,

The adopters that took in kits from Abby's litter (Miller rescue)
continue to have problems with severe biting problems. One in
particular is little Tikki who's behavior is almost identical to
Abby's... I don't know what went on before I took in Abby and her
litter but I did however witness first hand how Mrs. Miller handled
her when she bit. I stood and watched as she slapped this ferret in
the face and then slammed her in to the floor several times. I have
no doubts that this behavior has been passed on genetically somehow to
some of the kits. They are not all as bad, but little Tikki is causing
her mom alot of grief. Abby (mom) is definitely mentally scarred by the
abuse. Although she has come a long way, she is still nipping and when
I hold her she begins to shiver which is always the precursory sign
that a terrible bite is about to ensue. It's almost like something
clicks in her little head at the touch of a human hand and she just
starts gnawing and latching on as if she has no control over her
actions...Little Tikki has inherited this very same trait. Anyone
with advice? Would certainly be greatly appreciated.

Kimberly Fox
Somethin Up My Sleeve Ferret Rescue
http://companiontalk.terrabox.com/SUMS-Rescue.html
Pay Pal accepted for donations at this email address.
http://companiontalk.terrabox.com/SUMS-tilesoflove.html Fundraiser page