From:
Stephanie Daniels <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 May 1999 13:59:30 GMT
Came home yesterday and Pepe was just finishing up in the litterbox (he
heard me come in), when he started to scoot his butt along the floor.  I
picked him up to check his stomach to see if he was ok.  As I lifted him, I
discovered the thing that was chasing him...a mysteriously dangling poop.
The true definition of a "dingle berry".  I took him to the bathroom for
immediate "surgery" with toilet paper.  I pulled ever so gently and out
comes a 6inch black polyester/nylon hair...hmmm

It was about time I tore apart their large hidey hole, under my bed and
removed all the contraband that may not be ferret proof. Both ferrets were
frantic, dooking and bouncing as I invaded their sacred land. I discovered
the culprit toy - the squeaky skunk I had been using in recent times to get
them to come to me.  It has a really bushy tail and there was a pile of
"fluff" next to him - this is what Pepe was eating...it could have been
worse, but needless to say, the skunk is no longer with us.  I also rescued
a "Ty" monkey that was probably supposed to be worth something, and he was
quite yellow - threw him in the wash and he came out nice.  Don't know what
to do with the large Bengal Tiger.

I know why ferrets don't survive in the wild - they tend to attack those
animals that just don't want to "play" with their food.