From:
Corynne dejong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 13:45:28 EDT
I guess I should introduce myself since I'm new here, I've already posted
once about Beau my missing baby.  I wish that I could say he is home and
safe with us, but so far we are still waiting.  My husband and I have 3
fuzzies including Beau.  Daisy is 1 1/2 years old and misses Beau terribly,
she has been running around the house looking for him the last week and has
taken to sighing a lot lately.  My husband and I discussed getting another
ferret so she wouldn't be so lonely.  I'm sort of having a hard time with
it since it feels like we're giving up, but I know in my heart we'll never
give up.  I don't care how long it takes, if he's alive I'll find him!  But
if anybody knows of a young-ish ferret who needs a home in the Seattle area
let me know.  Our other ferret is very special - his name is Jesse and he
is deaf.  He's a grumpy little old man!  Actually he is the sweetest ferret
I have ever met, he loves being held & carried around.  Our vet loves to
see him!  But he hates other ferrets, when it comes to them - he's mean!
When he was found he was unaltered, and ORANGE!  It looked like nobody
cared much for him.  He probably never even went to a vet!  We cleaned him
up, but don't think he'll ever be white again.  He has the sweetest red
eyes that look like they're looking right through you.  Of course he is
also partially blind too!  He sleeps most of the day and eats only soft
food prepared for him every couple hours.  Beau (I'm going to try not to
cry, but I don't think it will work) is our character of the bunch.  He
loves to dance and dook and he's an ankle grabber.  He runs after your legs
and grabs them with his arms then slides down and licks your ankle.  He
loves to crawl into bed with us and lick lick chomp on the insides of our
elbows & knees and he loves to groom daddy's head when it's shaved short.
He has the begging look down pat!  He's so smart, he learned to roll over &
play dead right away - anything for craisins!  We miss him so much, I have
to stop now as I am crying at work, and I don't want to start bawling!
Again if anybody hears anything about a found silver mitt in the South
Seattle/Renton area, let me know right away!

Corynne