From:
TinyPrints <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 2004 09:37:15 -0400
Just be careful when considering live food as a food source for a ferret,
especially if the ferret has been raised on kibble and not mice.  Mice
can do damage (ex: biting ) to the ferret before the ferret kills the
mouse.  If a ferret is not taught to kill, they will not have mastered
the technique and will be open for injury.  Also, be very careful as to
who you purchase your mice from.  We had two snakes (very healthy snakes)
we had for many years and both died from a bad batch of live mice.  It is
just something to consider.  The best thing is to raise your own food if
you are considering this form of feeding.  It will help to eliminate any
contamination from poorly raised mice.  Usually the stomach acids take
care of most of the problems but not all.

Marguerite

TinyPrints Shih Tzu and Rescue
http://www.tinyprints-shihtzu.com
TinyPrints Ferret Rescue
http://www.tinyprintsferrets.com
TinyPrints Ferretry
http://www.tinyprintsferretry.com
TinyPrints Ferret Rescue Ebay and Half.com Stores
http://www.stores.ebay.com/tinyprintsferretrescuestore
http://half.ebay.com/shops/shops.jsp?seller_id=1093064