From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Apr 2005 04:05:49 -0400
Susie writes
>The following is an exchange between us and one Brittany Thornton.  We
>would like to know if this request as she has framed it is a hoax,
>scam, or if it's legitimate.

Well the first thing to do is check out the university.  A quick Google
search brings up the main web site http://www.fvsu.edu

The main page has convenient employee/student search boxes on the lower
left.  If you search on Thorton in the Student box, you find Brittany is
indeed a student there, and her middle name is Chantese, :-)

The Veterinary Science web site is
http://www.fvsu.edu/coaheap/veterinary_sciences.asp

I suggest calling that department to check it out.  As a student,
Brittany may not have used the best wording to explain what their goals
are and how the ferrets would be used.  Certainly exposing vet students
to ferrets is a great idea, but I understand your not wanting to see
ferrets undergoing unnecessary invasive procedures or other
experimentation.

Linda Iroff

International Ferret Congress
http://www.ferretcongress.org