Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 2008 17:10:37 EDT
>The deadline is June 30 to enter our Friends of Ferret Shelters raffle
>on behalf of Zoo's Ferret Sanctuary NFP in Kirkland, Illinois. Don't
>delay - visit our website at http://www.shelterfriends.blogspot.com
>today and enter to win an amazing prize, including a gift adoption of
>a black-footed-ferret with proceeds going to help save a colony
>threatened by plague!
>
>"Our promise to each one is that no one will abuse or neglect it again,
>and that we will spend the rest of its life trying to make up to that
>ferret for what the last human did to it."

I can assure you that the quote above IS Zoo. She lives and breathes
the care, shelter, meds, love, and stimulating environment for about
70 ferrets...each with his or her own heart breaking story.

Zoo is the woman who saved my ferret Bisquit when he got in the dryer.
He was unconscious, steaming, and bleeding when I heard the odd
thumping noise and opened the dryer full of large towels. She had to
work around the clock to save his life.

She helps me make decisions on how to give my old very ill ones some
quality of life in the last few weeks.

She held my hand through the pain of adrenal, insulinoma, and cancer
in my little one who passed away this morning. I adopted him in honor
of Bisquit. I had a blessed 1 1/2 years of time with my oldster.

When I call her, she is usually with someone who is dumping off
ferrets, or giving advice to someone on the other phone concerning a
sick ferret. She was there when Lovely suddenly was gushing blood all
down the hallway, and with MiniMe was in her last month of life.

She is the mother of many ferrets. And that costs an awful lot of
money. If you look through the archives, you will see that she has
never asked for any.

Please look at the link at the lovely items you can win. And help a
most worthy shelter in the process. There are MANY ferrets that need
Lupron shots again in another month. PLEASE help all the little ones
at the sanctuary..