From:
christine belsom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 20:38:55 -0700
O List, How I need your
expertise for my fur-butts
Again, I am saved!

Hello everyone!  I gotta couple of questions.  To get warmed up, a quick
"yes/no" type one: Anyone know if Elimina is safe for ferrets?  I mean to
actually spray on their food?  Vets especially, you're welcome to field
this one! :)

Another simple one: We're getting another ferret from a breeder here in
West Monroe.  He isn't fixed/descented.  When is it the healthiest time
to have him fixed and descented?

Now for the ethics question.  I work in a pet store.  We sell ferrets.
They are Marshall Ferrets and they are very healthy and well cared for.
The owner of the pet store is an animal nut and she runs a pretty
"upscale" business for the Garden District crowd.  Sometimes people come
in looking at ferrets, especially certain (not all)teenagers (oh my gawd
I'm 25.  I never thought I'd complain about teenagers!) whom I wouldn't
sell a ferret to if they paid me personally 1000 bucks.  I feel like a
bugger for sort of "discouraging" them by emphasizing the care and
training they need, because I am supposed to sell things.  but the owner
tells me to use similar tactics when people want to adopt a shelter dog
and we have a "bad feeling" about them.  To make myself feel better I
will ask if I can put copies of the ferret FAQ in the store.  Our best
weapon is education.

What is poetry?
A flash of keys: follow that
disappearing tail.