From:
Date:
Sat, 28 May 2005 03:31:24 -0400
hello my sweet friends.  i have some sad news to share.  mommie's heart
is sad today because she just heard that auntie Susan lost Bandit.  he
was a VERY sweet 8 month old ferret that mommie had the pleasure of
meeting at the St.  Louis Symposium.  He wants auntie Susan to know he's
fine now and dancing and dooking up here with me.

Also sad this week is that BOTH Pandora and Connor may be coming back
to the shelter.  Their mommie's tenants (in the basement) say that
since the ferrets have moved in they have had an allergic reaction....
blah...blah...blah.  Mommie has been sheltering for almost 11 years and
has NEVER heard of someone on a TOTALLY different floor having a reaction
to a ferret.  mommie suspects it's the dust flying in the house now that
the air conditioner has been turned on and the ducts have not been
cleaned.

A lot of our boys are going through problems this week.  All kids who
have been spayed/neutered are molting and this makes them feel awful.
mommie and the volunteers have been 'plucking' the fur off their backs
(they look SO funny!) in order to help them go through the shedding
process (after neuter shedding is so sad!) go faster.  Poor Aldo is
suffering the worst.  Mommie intends on 'plucking' him tomorrow.  Poor
kid.

Tincy Tika, Dino and Sachi are going in for surgery on Wednesday.  Tika
has a HUGE right adrenal which hasn't shrunk with medicinal therapy.
Dino has HUGE tumors on his wee wee and so does Sachi.  All three kids
were from the Easter rescue in April.  Please keep them in your thoughts,
Tika is the one we worry for the most.

mommie wanted me to send a special thank you to aunties Kim S, Dee G,
and Renee G for helping her through a VERY tough time this week with a
special rescue kid called Putt Putt, Zoom Zoom, Anawim Mini Me.  She will
never forget your kindness and support.  she loves you all.  Another
thank yout o auntie Olympia, auntie Bonnie and uncle Nigel for 'being
there' for mommie with this rescue kid.

Mommie wnated me to take this time as well to thank auntie Jenny.  She is
our web mistress who makes our web site look so wonderful.  she puts up
with mommie's demands and never complains when mommie says "this REALLY
has to go on the site ASAP" Auntie Jenny, mommie says " you rock!"

My love to you all, Harley "Bug"

The Ferret Aid Society "For the Love of our Fuzzy Friends"
<http://www.ferretaid.org/>