From:
Jamie Hanna <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 1996 14:24:29 -0500
Hi!
I am new to the ferret list, but have a very important question that I hope
someone can answer.  I have three ferrets: one is a male (Flea) and two are
females (Tick and Mara).  All are neutered.  My male get these little
blackish brown flakes on his head around his eyes.  The rest of his body
smells good, but these flakes make his head really stink!!!!!!!  Whatever it
is it's not passed onto the females.  This makes me feel a little better.
I'm really concerned because I have to keep bathing him every two weeks to
get rid of these things.  Not only does he not like the bath, but it makes
him lose his ferret smell that I am very fond of.  If any one knows what
this is or has a treatment Please respond.

Thanks,
Jamie, Flea, Tick, and Mara from Franklin, PA