From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Jun 2001 12:35:47 -0400
Lisette wrote:
>3 kind people have written that they do not believe the little girl is
>incompletely spayed.  They say that this screams adrenal--plus the
>infection.  I have written of my trouble finding vets that will actually
>help the ferrets.  So this does not unduly agitate me....

I have to agree.  Instead of aplastic anemia you are seeing classic adrenal
symptoms: fur loss, thin and wrinkled skin, etc.  Of course, with the first
you need to have a surgery; with the second surgery is preferable but when
not possible can go with Lupron.

BTW, it will interest you to learn that those vets who have tracked
incomplete spays have said that they happen only very rarely in the
early neuters, being more common in later spays.

Buffie wrote:
>I'm worry about one of my ferrets that is having a little kidney problem.

Your best bet for finding reliable kidney information is to read about it
(using the search features) at places including:

1. http://www.afip.org/ferrets/index.html

2. http://www.miamiferret.org/fhc.