From:
Morning Starr Animal Sanctuary <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2007 07:22:17 -0700
I am asking for help in a situation that is really uncalled for. Our
sanctuary houses at this time 36 ferrets and has housed up to 50. Our
ferrets enjoy 3 different kinds of ferret kibble, ANF, Mazuri and 8 in
1. Though we put 2 to 3 foods in each cage the ferrets seem to love the
8 in 1 the most. We easily use 100 #'s of ferret food each month. We
also use the kibble to make our duck soup, which we go through fast.
Needless to say the bags of the 8 in 1 don't last long. We buy the 20 #
bags which cost us anywhere from $29.99 to $40 a bag. ANF has been
donated by the company Texas Farm Products and comes when we need it.
Mazuri was donated by that company (Purina) as well. I have put a call
into the 8 in 1 to ask them if we could do some kind of reduction in
price for large quantity buying. They have given donations twice but we
went through that so fast. The donations are very much appreciated but
we really need a more consistent program. We use many of the 8 in 1
products, Feretvite, ferettone, treats etc. When people adopt we always
recommend their products and give some of the food. For the dogs and
cats Hills Science Diet has a program for shelters of .25 a # for their
food. Pedigree also has programs for shelters. Ferrets need help too
and should not be overlooked.

I have left messages with Jennifer Falcone at 8 in 1 from before
Christmas. I have since called twice in the new year leaving messages
about how we should talk about some kind of discount not just for us
but for all ferret sanctuaries. All my messages have been about working
together and to call me to see what we can do for the ferrets living in
shelters. I have not even gotten a call back. On the last call I left
a message that I if I did not hear from someone about helping ferret
shelters I would be contacting the FML for assistance. This company
is large and makes many fine ferret products and should do something
permanent to help the sanctuaries that save the animals that help make
them their profits.

As you can see I am not the best writer but I would appreciate if you,
ferret shelters and ferret owners, would also call and speak with
Jennifer Falcone, at 1-800-645-5154 extension 396 and ask them to give
back to the animals.

Regards,

Fran C. Freedman, President & Co-Founder
Morning Starr Animal Sanctuary
"A New Beginning..."
www.morningstarr.org

You may contact us at: 928-821-2420 or email: [log in to unmask] or
mail: P.O. Box 1363, Cornville, AZ 86325