From:
Jaden McCarty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Sep 1997 17:18:44 -0400
Well, it has finally happened.  Our family has done the rescearch, saved the
cash,started a ferret savings fund, and selected a breeder.  On monday our
two new kits will arrive at the Indianpolis Int'l Airport.  We are bursting
with excitement!  But now that the order is placed and the kits are ready
for shipping I'm second guessing myself.  I'm sure I made the right decision
to have ferrets as our youngest children.  It's not that.  I'm scared that
maybe they are too young for shipping & alturing.  It is too late to change
my mind.  Are my babies going to be okay?  The man from Country Ferrets said
that they would be six weeks old on Monday.  I thought that would be great
to get them so tiny, then I got a letter from a local shelter that said they
shouldn't be younger than 8 weeks.  I guess I assumed that a breeder that I
found on the Ferret Central network was surely a credible breeder.  Well I
think I'm ready, I have thier first vet visit scheduled, thier food,hammock,
treats, linatone & laxatives should arrive via UPS the first of the week (I
ordered it all from Path Valley farms, any comments about the quality of
food etc would be great) and their four story six foot cage is scheduled to
be complete by this time tomorow.  I don't remember being this nervous when
my own children were born.  Speaking of which, I have two children (4 & 2).
Any advice on how to let them interact with the new kits?  My (4) daughter
is thrilled and will be very warm and loving with them.  We have even
"practiced" our nip traing on her stuffed animals.  She has had a ferret
before and we have been visiting all the local shops for months now, getting
them both uses to "Nippy kits".  I think I'll try and Keep my son (2) at a
distance until the kits are much older.  Also, anyone with any name
suggestions for a female silver and a male panda with cinnimon guard hairs?
My daughter wants to name them Twister and Jumangi.  (Her favorite movies) I
told her to wait and see thier personalities.

Wish this new mommy luck!!!!!!  Any advice is welcome.  Please feel free to
personally e-mail me with advice.  [log in to unmask]

April, Gary, Kyleigh, Jaden
Oliver (black cat) Nala (yellow lab)