From:
Susan Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 1996 13:33:01 +0600
Tag has been itching lately.  Now what the normal amount of itching is for a
ferret, I'm not sure.  But I read somewhere (Was it here?) that a guy took
away his ferrets litter when he noticed him itching.  That seemed to solve
the problem.  Well, I use clay litter.  I'd rather try that Pine Fresh stuff
but it's not available around here.  I did find something called Feline
Pine.  I'm not sure if it's similar to Pind Fresh or not as I've never seen
it.  But it's just pine formed into pellets.  Before I try it, I was
wondering if anyone has tried this brand?  I'm sure it's the same (I bought
some anyway) but I just thought I'd check.

Another question I thought of just now.  My ferret just figured out how to
climb up the side of his cage and get onto the bed.  I wouldn't mind so much
except that the way my room is arranged, once he gets onto the bed, he can
get onto everything else (nightstand, computer, desk...) and these things
have a few ferret-UNfriendsly article on it.  So I tapped his nose and put
him in his cage for a time out.  I've tried this before to discipline him
but it doesn't seem to work!  All he does is go straight upstairs and go to
sleep, unless he just recently woke up.  But this doesn't seem to be a
punishment for him!  What else can I do?

    Thanks for your help!

       ---Susan & Tag (Thanks for putting me in my cage!  I was getting
sleepy anyway!)