From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Aug 2007 00:56:46 -0400
Sent to the FML:

>I have tried signing on to FHL several times. Have a Yahoo ID and
>still can't do it. It says I cannot post. Can anyone help me?

Sharon, please, feel free to contact us FHL moderators at

Yes, your furkit address is down as a member's address.

In the last few days we FHL moderators have had to offer to carry in
posts for some members because of Yahoogroup's difficulties. Luckily,
they managed to get their posts through after a while especially when
they tired very different times for sending so perhaps some times of
day and night are less active normally. We are aware of the problem
and the 6 of us are doing extra work to deal with it when FHL members
contact us.

ALL YAHOOGROUPS are having problems right now. Some lists are having
worse problems than the FHL, some have lesser ones.

The only way that moderators know about some types of difficulties,
though, is when we are contacted by our members, or when we hear about
it elsewhere. That has been a common topic of discussion this last week
on another list I'm on so I was aware of the trouble before some FHL
members reported to us. Yet, we still have no way to know of
individual's problems and then help our list members if they don't
contact us.

Yahoogroups tends to lose messages and to have spotty functions when it
is getting too much traffic. The traffic increase can be due to malign
causes such as email flooding cause by "robot" computers which have
been usurped by worm and virus writers, or it can be from normal causes
of increased traffic such as people changing their addresses (or worse
just abandoning old addresses and adding new ones) due to school
beginning or ending.

On the ferret: Is the vet sure that what is being seen is fat rather
than fluid? Ascites can be caused by several things: heart diseases,
lymphoma, liver disease, kidney disease, etc.

Sukie (not a vet)

Recommended ferret health links: