From:
"Riddle, Suzanna" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jan 1998 12:36:58 -0700
I have only been on the FML a few months and I want to introduce myself.

I got my first fuzzie, Isky, about 5 months ago.  He had been abandoned
(still in his cage) and was found by a friend of my friend who gave him to
me.  He is a MF sable and I think he is about 1yr old.  My favorite thing
about Isky is the way he follows me around begging for his treats and gently
pulling on my pants leg.

About a month after I got Isky, ferret math struck.  I adopted Dweezil from
a young couple who thought he was to wild.  He is also a MF sable and is
seven months old.  There are two things about Dweezil I love.  The first is
the was he flings himself around with wild abandon when he wardances and the
way he can climb almost anything even if I don't see any possible footholds.
I'm not kidding - I had two baby gates, covered with cardboard and stacked
one on top of the other in a door way and he still made it over.

I don't have a computer at home so I receive this list on my e-mail account
at work.  You know your a ferret fanatic if the only reason you want a home
computer is to search for ferret stuff on the web.

I want to thank my co-workers Patricia, Susan and Steve, who also have
ferrets and have done their best to answer my questions.  Because of you my
ferrets are leading a happier, healthier lives.

One more thing. I have a couple of questions:

1.  I'm a vegetarian and I have lots of protein supplements and soy based
foods.  If I give my ferrets bits of these things will they be able to
digest and use the protein in them?

2.  I'm looking around for a new cage and I want to get something really
roomy.  Someone recently posted a web site for Kritter Kages.  I was
wondering if anyone who has one of these cages would give me their opinion
of it, good points and bad.

Thanks everyone!

Suzanna Riddle
Library Services, Ball Aerospace
Phone (303) 939-6827   Fax (303) 939-4142