From:
Catherine Shaffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Sep 1996 11:37:02 -0400
Hello all,

To quantify our excema experiences, can you all fill out this survey?
I'll post the results.  (To keep volume low, only write in if you had
excema.  I'll assume non-response means non-excema)

Have you ever had an outbreak of excema before you owned ferrets?

How soon after obtaining your first ferret did you develop excema?

What body parts were affected?

If you used an over-the-counter lotion, what brand and what were the
results?

If you used a prescription medication, what kind and what were the
results?  (ie, what percentage cortisone, dosage, etc.)

If you used an herbal remedy, what was it?  What was the outcome?  (Please
include failed remedies.)

If you used no treatment at all, what were the results?

How long did the excema persist?

Did your excema clear up, or are you still affected?

If you no longer own ferrets, did your excema go away, or do you still
have it?

Do you have a family history of allergies, asthma, OR excema?

Do you have a history of allergies or asthma?

Are you male or female?

What is your age?

Thanks for helping out.  Maybe we can collect enough anecdotal evidence to
be useful to others.

-Catherine Shaffer

All responses will be strictly confidential.  I'll delete your email as soon
as I tabulate the results, and I will send you a confirmation message.