From:
Judi Lunn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 May 1996 21:29:50 -0400
Hi everyone: I heard from my daughter today that the babies I wrote about
last week (in the hot window in the pet shop in Pittsburgh) have now been
moved out of the window.  She was checking on them prior to the store
opening, so she'll let me know tomorrow exactly where (and how many) are now
left inside the store.  So, for any of you who helped in this endeavor, my
heartfelt thanks.  Barb Carlson - I know you did your thing, and I wanted to
e-mail you direct but I've lost your e-mail address.  Can you please send it
to me?  So, I feel better about that.  But, during this babies in the window
situation, my daughter admitted to me that she felt the Pet Pad had been
wrong to sell her our first ferret, Riley, when she was 18 and a freshman in
college.  No questions asked, etc.  Same old story.  I used to ride the
fence when these discussions came up on the FML, but now I have to go with
ferrets only being sold by responsible shelters or breeders, and only sold
to those willing to make a commitment and learn all there is to know about
these fabulous creatures.  As much as my daughter loves Riley, after having
him home for that first summer between her 1st and 2nd years in college, she
felt it best that Riley stay with me (Grandma), rather than be cooped up in
a dorm room.  To Becca Simpson: I ask you to keep this in mind, OK?  I fell
in love with Riley and added five more to keep him company, but when he was
a dorm boy, kids were forever coming in and out, leaving the door open,
etc., and he had to be kept caged just about all the time, which is so
unfair to the babies.  It sounds, Becca, that you are a true ferret person,
and I hope you can work this out.  We need more real ferret people.  Tell
Mom to write me and I'll tell her about mothers, daughters and little
fuzzi-faces.  Just be sure about he college thing, and remember that
ferret-proofing will be vital, in addition to your scholastics and other
activities.  Be sure to think it through.  To all of you on the FML, I'm so
happy to be back.  Sorry if I'm wordy, but it's been a while.  And to BIG,
who made my non-technical brain absorb what you were telling me, I cannot
thank you enough.  You're the best, and we all adore you!  Best to all you
ferret lovers, Judi Lunn