From:
Chere McCoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jul 1996 20:02:12 -0400
My Very Dearest Ferret Friends

First I want to apologize for not writing ANYONE.  As you all know there
have been many tradegies here at the Ferret Friends of Indian River County
Shelter since 18 May 1996.  Finally (I Hope) things are beginning to look a
little better.

Do to the monies sent by you - the ferret shelters - most precious ferret
friends from all over the United States.  I am happy to inform all of you
that our vet bill is down from $1700.00 to $300.00 and that includes 5 new
medicals and two emergency Adrenal Surgeries!!!  Westside Animal Hospital
made copies of your checks (this is not an invasion of your privacy, I ask
them to do this so I could write to you) so in the next few months all of
you that helped pay for the Shelter kids medicals will be getting thank you
notes (just give me some time to get them out) and I am going to include
pictures of the kids you helped.

Also, those of you who sent checks here to the shelter - you will also be
getting pictures and thank you notes.  Those of you who sent a check to me
personally will note that I endorsed them over to FFIRCI (I felt this only
right - I still have jewerly I can take to the pawn shop) an put them in the
Ferrets account.  The FFIRCI account has $33.95 left in it (the monies
deposited form the donations you sent went - guess where - FERRET MEDICAL
BILLS).

Thanks too two people and one large ferret organization - the shelter kids
have enough food to take them through till November.  Also we have a
plentiful supply of Nutristat and some Flea Spray, Pounds Plus and two tubes
of laxatone.

There is no way for you all to know how deeply I am effected by what you
have all done - for many weeks I thought that tears of sadness were the only
tears I would know.  When the check started coming, the food arriving, and
when Westside Animal Hospital called to tell me of the donations for the
medical - I cried a lot - happy tears - tears of gladness for the shelter
kids.

Since the first tradegies of May 19th 1996 - we have suffered more losses -
but we have also made 15 rescues (an all time high for a period of 6 weeks).
We have returned 9 children to their parents (all kids escaping through
doors, windows, dryer tubes etc).  Six new children have come in, Three have
been adopted out.  Two major surgeries were done (adrenal on Ollie, and
Tazz).  4 other shelter children had their yearly's

Thank you all so much for doing so much and caring for the kids.

Since I think I am running out of space here on the FML I am going to send
another message a little later.

Thank you for Loving and helping to take care of the Shelter Children

Chere McCoy
Ferret Friends of Indian River County International
Ferret Friends Disaster Response International