From:
Carrie Robertson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 18:43:48 -0500
Hi!  My wife and I joined the mail group a few weeks ago and we have been
enjoying the messages.  I saw the request for the down side of owning
ferrets and have a short list.

1. You can never go barefoot in your home again.
2. No raisin will ever be safe.
3. For that matter, no moveable object will ever be safe.
4. Expect muscle pain from the contortions resulting from avoiding
   stepping on the instant-ferret-under-foot (a magical ability shared by
   most ferrets).
5. Answering the telephone becames a run through the obstacle course of
   ferret toys, tunnels, and ferrets.
6. Constantly having to re-name and reorder your computer files after the
   ferrets have danced across your keyboard.(occasionally they change
   your password too!)
7. Any strange squeaks or noises must be immediately investigated,
   assuring that all ferrets are safe & snug in their beds before you can
   get your heart started again.(I'm not sure whether this could be
   considered aerobic or not.)
8. Finding out that your big, tough, 20lb tomcat has just been routed by
   your ferret(s), who are doing a victory dance by the door.
9. Your snack foods are now limited mostly to what is safe for your
   ferrets to have too.(rasisins anyone?)
10. Their grocery bill will be larger than your own.(and healthier!)

There is really only ONE Serious drawback to owning ferrets; their lives
are all too brief.  All we can do is love them while we can!

Jim & Carrie & The Flying Wild Weasels (Puck, Titania, Valentine, Oberon,
Toby, Emily, Porthos, Athos, Overtime, Shmoo, and Gabrielle)