From:
Melanie Hawkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 1997 09:11:14 EST
Yesterday I noticed that my 4 1/2 year old ferret, Maggie, was losing her
balance a bit.  She would be walking and then all of the sudden she would
fall over a bit.  This happened quite often yesterday, and I am a little
worried.  Okay, I am very worried!  I am bringing her to the vet.  today for
a checkup and possibly a little blood work.  I read some info.  about
insulinomas and it said that a ferret may lose touch with his/her
surroundings.  Of course I may be jumping the gun, but I was simply looking
for some input as to what the cause of this may be.  If anyone has any input
on this, I would appreciate it.

     Thanks,
     Melanie and the gang (Maggie, Gizmo, and Norman)