From:
Angie George <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 2004 18:53:59 -0700
Our two yr. old Sammy, has been breaking out into what looks like hives
and has swelling occasionally of his front feet and his nose and head.
We've been treating him with dexamethasone and benadryl.  Tried using
Dreft detergent for babies on bedding as well as rinsing in vinegar water
to cut any acidity.  We've even stopped using any kinds of lotions or
perfumes so as not to have him get any on him.  Haven't changed litter
in five yrs., as well as food or water.  The other four ferrets don't
exhibit any problems and we are watching Sammy like a hawk and don't see
him into anything.  Wondering about the chicken baby food recipe as
that's something he's just started eating a lot of in the last six months
which is about when all this started.  It has gotten worse in the last
couple of weeks, however.  Most of his break outs are on his abdomen and
hind end, and he scratches like mad.  Help!  Anyone have any ideas or
experienced this?

Angie George